Friday, March 12, 2010

Square 12 -- Turtle?


Does this look like a turtle? It was supposed to be a snail.

I have drawn sheep and snails since I was in grade school. When I previously stitched snails I used backstitch. Since my goal for this sampler is to use different stitches I decided to try a woven circle stitch (Embroidery Stitch Bible # 116, page 120) with a half circle for my snail. Once I completed the weaving for my half circle I decided that it looked like a turtle. Part of the problem may be the color because I tried to stay within my color scheme. So I added a head, legs, and tail to make it look more like a turtle (with a dented shell).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy~
    Thanks for stopping by. Yes, I think you & Jill are right, I'll leave the swing, but I'm going to take it out and redo it.

    I like all your squares, isn't this a fun project?

    Happy Friday!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete