Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Square 10 -- Vintage Button with French Knots



When I started stitching this sampler, I had planned to use French knots but before this square, I was afraid to try. After seeing the beautiful work by On Awesome Avenue and her kind comment, I decided to practice French knots. Sublime Stitching was helpful.

I have started to question having all of the borders the same. Many of the other participants are creating fun, fancy, and colorful borders. I think my borders seem more scientific than artistic.

4 comments:

  1. Your french knots came out wonderfully - do you feel more comfortable with them now?

    Love that button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Yes I feel comfortable with french knots now and look forward to using them in other squares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment, Kathy. Like you, I've been reading my Stitch Sampler book in the evenings for inspiration and challenge.

    This button it beautiful. I love how you've let it speak for itself -- simple and classic. I like your "dragonfly" square too.

    sparks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm starting to feel the same way about my borders. Your french knots look great! Aren't they fun to do?

    ReplyDelete